Offering Fast & Affordable Garage Door Spring Repair Near You!
Garage door springs endure extreme wear and tear over time, considering their role in supporting the garage door’s weight each time it opens and closes. Original Triad Door Co. has an incredible team of garage door specialists with years of experience with residential and commercial garage door spring repair and replacement.
When a spring snaps, you may hear a loud noise like a gunshot come from your garage. If you hear this noise, try not to panic! Call your local, friendly garage door company at (336) 996-6547. Our team offers quick and reliable garage door spring repair near Winston-Salem, NC, and surrounding areas.
Signs You Have A Broken Garage Door Spring
- Garage door won’t open or close.
- Garage door is heavy when you try to open it manually.
- There are loose or fallen garage door cables.
- Garage door opens halfway and stops.
- Garage door slams shut.
- Garage door moves at an angle.
- Garage door moves a couple of inches before reversing.
- Garage door springs are elongated.
- There’s a 3-4 inch gap between the spring’s coils.
- There are grinding noises when the door’s in operation.
Don’t Delay Garage Door Spring Replacement
A torsion spring will last approximately 10,000 cycles. One complete cycle includes opening and closing your garage door. This means if you open your garage door 3-4 times a day, the garage door springs should last between 7-10 years. When you notice any signs that your garage door springs are malfunctioning, you should replace them immediately.
3 reasons why you should never delay garage door spring replacement:
- Safety: When a garage door spring breaks, the garage door could potentially slam shut. This poses a huge safety risk for any people or pets nearby.
- Damage: If a garage door slams shut unexpectedly, this could cause damage to vehicles passing through. It will also damage the garage door itself.
- Cost: Garage door panels can be damaged if the door slams shut due to broken springs. Also, a faulty spring causes the garage door opener to work twice as hard, leading to early burnout and additional repairs needed.
Schedule Garage Door Spring Repair Today!
For your safety, we highly recommend not attempting a garage door spring repair or replacement on your own. If a garage door spring snaps while you’re trying to fix it, this could cause mild to severe injuries. Our expert team of garage door technicians at Original Triad Door Co. can complete your garage door spring repair safely and efficiently. Contact us today near Winston-Salem, NC and beyond for garage door spring repair near you!
How do I open my garage door manually?
If you need to open your garage door manually, there’s an emergency cord hanging from the opener. Pull this cord to disconnect the door from the garage door opener. Now you can open the door manually. Use extreme caution while opening a garage door manually since they weigh so much. If you have a broken garage door spring, do not attempt to open it manually.
Can I replace just one spring on my garage door?
If your garage door has two springs, they work together to open and close the door gently. If one of your garage door springs breaks, it’s best to replace them simultaneously since the second spring will most likely wear down quickly. We offer free quotes, so contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What is the difference between torsion and extension garage door springs?
Both types of springs have advantages and disadvantages. Torsion springs turn while extension springs expand and contract when operating a garage door. Extension springs last up to 10,000 cycles, and torsion springs last up to 20,000 cycles. Torsion springs are sturdier, but they are also more costly.